Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms operate with live, online, real-time instruction in K-12 schools. Our two main goals are to give students the best quality instructors and to prepare them for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, regardless of zip codes. We’re the new way to go to school!
An experienced, dynamic and tech-savvy science educator with experience in writing high school curricula. Someone with in-depth knowledge of research-based pedagogical approaches and effective assessment strategies.
- Develop detailed lesson plans based on curriculum plans, standards and other specifications
- Design engaging and innovative lessons that leverage technology, research-based strategies and best practices for online physical science / biology education
- Collaborate with the editorial team to ensure the program shares a common voice
- Develop formative and summative assessments that accurately monitor student progress
- Facilitate the preparation of materials, such as activities, projects, study guides and teacher notes that correspond to the lessons
- Work collaboratively with other content writers to edit and improve lessons
What you will need:
- A U.S. state certification in science or equivalent
- Master of Education (preferred)
- High school science teaching experience (online or in person)
- At least 4 years of experience writing science programs that have been used in the online, public or private school environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical skill: PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite
- Experience with popular edtech science applications (preferred)
- Availability between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. CST (working hours are flexible, but the ability to be online during this time is important)
- 1099 Independent short-term contract role
Be part of our story:
Elevate K-12 is charged with an important mission: to change the way K-12 classes and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded, rapidly evolving company. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open and honest discussions that push us towards our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a phase of hyper growth which will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
Read the full job description